By Katie Serbinski of Mom to Mom Nutrition
It’s that time of year again where life revolves around alarm clocks, homework, and after-school snacking. If you’ve spent extended time with preschool children, then you KNOW they are demanding a snack once the school bell rings. Or they are really good at giving you the impression that they are starving and didn’t eat anything at lunch! To ensure that my boys are getting the best of both worlds when it comes to snack time [something sweet AND healthy], I’ve taken one of my favorite foods [sushi] and made a wrap version for the kiddos! Big kiddos, too, if you take into account the roll I just ate. Here’s how we prep and devour our favorite fruit sushi:
- 1 tortilla or flatbread
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 1 medium-sized banana, peeled
- 1 tablespoon honey OR nut butter
- On one rounded end of the tortilla, layer fruit in rows. Top with honey or nut butter.
- Roll tightly and cut into 6 pinwheel pieces.